The benefits of building an engaged workforce are undeniable,
Today, corporations and their corporate volunteer managers are
working ‘smarter’ to ensure that the employee volunteer effort
contributes to fulfilling the company’s business goals.
You can use corporate volunteerism to augment your public
relations, marketing, and communications, as well as employee
skill building, recruiting and retention, and diversity valuing.
Not to mention …enhanced professional growth, teamwork and employee loyalty. In a survey by the Points of Light and Allstate Foundations, 97% of respondents thought employee volunteering helped build teamwork, and almost two-thirds of volunteers felt it had a positive effect on their careers.
Corporate Partnership Benefits:
- Opportunity to address serious social issues through annual volunteer projects (see How we Help) Hands-on volunteer projects open to all BVC partners – we organize and you send volunteers
- Toolkit and technical support for turnkey volunteer projects (see How we Help). Onsite projects perfect for any type of business
CONSULTING, NETWORKING AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- For managers of employee volunteer, corporate social responsibility and community outreach programs
- Peer networking, sharing of best practices, problem-solving and professional development seminars on employee engagement and social issues.
- High level business to business connections are an annual networking event collaborating.
- Access to information on employee volunteering, philanthropy and Corporate Social Responsibility.
Fee-Based Volunteer Placement
- All in a Day’s Work – customized volunteer projects to meet your organization’s specific needs any time of the year. Inquire about rates.
- BoardLink – matches your employee’s skills and interests with open positions on nonprofit boards and committees in Northern New Jersey.
- SkillsLink- matches your employee’s specific professional skills with structures identified projects with area nonprofits.
- RECOGNITION as a Good Corporate Citizen.
- Customized press releases generated and sent by The Bergen Volunteer Center.
- Invitation to participate in Celebrate Volunteers an Inspiring annual event give you the opportunity to celebrate your employee’s volunteerism highlighting the ways they enhance the community.
- Feature in the “Corporate Corner” of the Bergen Volunteer Center e-newsletter.
So Join our strong list of for-profit partners and make giving back part of your corporate identity!